Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Family Fruit Punch Recipe

This is a family favourite at Christmas time. I'm sure there are simpler ways of achieving the same but here goes.
Boil 2 cups water with 1 cup of sugar for 15 minutes.  Allow to cool.  Add about 1/3 tin crushed pineapple, pulp of one passionfruit and 1/2 cup fresh, cooled black tea and a little chopped mint.
Just before serving add 2 bottles each of lemonade and gingerale.

As I've never actually made it, just get to drink it, I suspect that they actually make double this quantity at a time.  And she uses an ancient device that cuts up the mint really finely.  I don't know what it's called. One of the aunts made the above batch and the mint isn't cut as finely as when MIL does it.  It was still good.
The mint, passionfruit and pineapple are the winners. I wasn't aware about the tea.
One of the aunts is also famous for her fudge and caramel she makes at Christmas.
For youngest and myself, we will be experimenting with some lower sugar treats this year.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment